An area of irresistible attraction throughout the centuries, Tuscany isn't just beautiful scenery and historical cities, it is home to some of the best food and wine in Italy.
The food here is perhaps the most varied of all the regions of Italy, with incomparable cuisine. And where better to sample the celebrated wines of Tuscany than in some of the vineyards that actually produce them? The famous reds, including Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Chianti, are the most renowned names. Tuscany also produces what is said to be the finest olive oil in the whole of Italy. For centuries the farmers here have grown and taken care of their olive trees and pressed the fruits for extra virgin olive oil. Learn to recognise a quality oil, hear about production, and finish by tasting the golden drops of Italy!
The resort of Montecatini Terme, which lies in the centre of one of Italy's loveliest regions, is our base for this leisurely holiday. Set in a valley of olive groves and surrounded by the beauty of the Tuscan landscape, Montecatini Terme has a relaxing, peaceful atmosphere. The modern resort of Montecatini Terme, renowned for its springs, spas and thermal baths, is overlooked by the ancient hilltop town of Montecatini Alto, and the two towns are connected by a funicular railway.
We have included visits to two vineyards with wine tastings, olive oil tastings and cheese tastings and two meals in local restaurants, to give you a real flavour of the 'Tastes of Tuscany'. As well as our programme of included excursions, there are also two days at leisure in Montecatini Terme, giving plenty of time for you to relax and take in the sophistication of this elegant resort with its colourful gardens, mineral spas, pavement cafes and enticing shops and boutiques.Dates and Prices
Included in price
- Seven nights in the 3 star Hotel La Pia in Montecatini Terme
- Sole use of a twin/double bedroom
- All bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom
- 14 Meals: 7 buffet breakfasts and 5 evening dinners in the hotel
- 1 dinner in a local restaurant
- Lunch at the Vicchio Maggio Wine Estate and vineyard
- Excursion to Florence
- Excursion to Pisa and Lucca
- Excursion to the Chianti Countryside and Siena and San Gimignano
- Two vineyard visits with wine tasting
- Cheese and olive oil tastings
- Air-conditioned coach on the excursions
- Services of a Mistral Tour Manager
- 24/7 access to our UK Customer Services team
- Return flights to Pisa from your chosen airport
- Return transfers between Pisa airport and the hotel
- One piece of hold luggage and one piece of hand luggage
- ATOL Protected