Its bewitching beauty and unique atmosphere make Chester one of Britain's most popular places for an unforgettable short break. But what makes it so special? Chester has the most complete city walls, the oldest racecourse and the largest Roman Amphitheatre in Britain, plus a 1000 year old Cathedral with Europe's finest example of medieval carvings - and of course the one and only 700 year old Rows galleries, where shopping is a double delight. The centrepiece of the Eastgate, an 18th-century red-brick archway, is the grand and intricate Eastgate Clock – Chester's own answer to London's Big Ben.
Included in price
- Mistral Holidays Tour Manager as your host
- 4 nights in the centrally located 4-star Crowne Plaza Hotel
- 9 included meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 festive Christmas Day lunch with a glass of wine and 4 evening dinners.
- Afternoon Tea on arrival
- A guided walking tour of Chester
- Coach excursion to North Wales
- A journey on the Llangollen Steam Railway with mulled wine and a mince pie