This superb escorted holiday to Spain offers a wonderful combination of touring and relaxation with seaside sunshine, spectacular mountains and one of Spain's most vibrant cities.
On the Catalonian coast in Spain's northeastern corner stretching for some 40 miles up to the French border is the Costa Brava, or 'Wild Coast'. This coastline still has a rugged beauty, with mountains and pine forests overlooking beach resorts with their golden sands and dazzling blue sea. In addition to all the attractions of the coast, Catalonia's capital city, Barcelona, is within easy reach, as are the mountains, towns and villages behind the coast, some of which we will see and visit on our programme of included excursions and sightseeing tours. The Costa Brava has also attracted many artists including Joan Miró and Pablo Picasso as well as being the home of the famous Spanish artist Salvador Dali.
Calella, on the neighbouring Costa Maresme, offers an air of relaxation, making this pleasant resort an ideal centre for this wonderful holiday. The beautiful beach is 3 kilometre long stretch of golden sand and Calella's wide choice of boutiques and shops are treasure troves for great value clothes, leather goods and local handicrafts. You will also find lots of pavement cafes where you can relax with a drink and watch the world go by.
The old Calella town is well worth a visit, to find out about the history of the area with a stroll around the narrow, cobbled streets taking in the ancient buildings. Here you can also find some more traditional tapas bars and restaurants.Dates and Prices
Included in price
- Change your booking for free up to 42 days before travel
- Covid Cancellation protection included
- 7 nights accommodation
- Buffet breakfast and dinner each day
- Full day excursion to Barcelona
- Excursion to Montserrat and Cava wine region
- Full day excursion to Besalu and the Salvador Dali museum
- Three-quarter day excursion along the Costa Brava
- Air conditioned coach travel
- One piece of hold luggage and one piece of hand luggage per person
- Transfers between airport and hotel
- Services of a Mistral Tour Manager
- ATOL Protected