We bring together Italy’s two most beautiful lakes on this wonderful Christmas holiday, to create a spectacular Italian experience. We stay at breath-taking Lake Maggiore, Italy’s second largest lake which is Mediterranean in climate and has a backdrop of the Alps in the distance and we also visit Lake Como. In the north Lake Maggiore crosses the Swiss border into the canton of Ticino. Ferries and steamers criss-cross the lake from one delightful harbour to the next, passing picturesque lakeside villages with their bustling promenades. Some also sail into Switzerland on the northern shores of the lake. There are Christmas markets to visit, shops and boutiques to browse around and pavement cafes to relax in as you watch the world go by.
This is a wonderful festive holiday which combines truly stunning scenery and the old-world charm of Italy’s most beautiful lake which, over the years, has welcomed royalty, prime ministers and authors including Queen Victoria, Winston Churchill and Ernest Hemingway.
Lake Maggiore has a mild, Mediterranean climate year round and the region enjoys 280 days of sunshine a year. On this festive holiday you’ll enjoy stunning scenery as we visit the crystal clear lakes of Lake Maggiore and Lake Como. As there is no summer heat haze, the sky is often remarkably clear. If you're lucky you'll be able to enjoy a brilliant blue sky, dazzling snow-capped mountains and a rich blue lake.Dates and Prices
Included in price
- Change your booking for free up to 42 days before travel
- Covid Cancellation protection included
- 6 nights half board at the Hotel Flora in Stresa
- 10 meals: 5 breakfasts, 5 dinners
- Twin bedrooms with private facilities
- Full Day on the lake sailing to Pallanza and the Borromean Islands
- Full Day Excursion to Lake Como, Bellagio and Como Town
- Services of a Mistral Holidays Tour Manager
- Return flights to Milan
- One piece of hold luggage and one piece of hand luggage per person
- Transfers between Airport and Hotel
- ATOL Protected